Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Rather than giving through wills or estates, some people prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Donor advised funds
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name the H. E. Butt Foundation as a beneficiary:
- Contact the administrator of your retirement plan, insurance policy, bank account or donor advised fund for a change-of-beneficiary form or simply download a form from your provider's website.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
See How It Works
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.View My Guide
Not Sure How to Begin Planning?
Our complimentary resource will walk you through the estate planning process step-by-step.Download My Kit
An Example of How It Works
"Robert" and "Carol" treasure the financial help they've been able to give their children and the H. E. Butt Foundation over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left the H. E. Butt Foundation a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because the H. E. Butt Foundation is tax-exempt, all $75,000 will help support our mission.
If "Robert" and "Carol" had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes—leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. "Robert" and "Carol" are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
- Contact Bonnie Finley at 830-315-9206 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support the H. E. Butt Foundation with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name the H. E. Butt Foundation in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Friends of H.E. Butt Foundation
Address: 719 Earl Garrett Street, Kerrville, TX 78028
Federal Tax ID Number: 74-2749249